Members can receive care at top fertility clinics in the world through their Stork Club benefit.
Clinics in the Stork Club Centers of Excellence Network meet rigorous standards for quality and performance. The network is chosen by a clinical team composed of professors and leaders in assisted reproductive technology (ART).
Here are three criteria used to choose the clinics that participate in the Stork Club Centers of Excellence Network.
Clinical Outcomes and Success Rates
The experienced team of fertility specialists and state-of-the-art facilities Stork Club works with contribute to a track record of successful pregnancies. Stork Club members use fewer in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles per birth and experience significantly fewer multiple births which leads to lower costs, and faster results. Clinically validated results show a 33% higher live birth rate, 33% single embryo transfer rate, and 86% lower in vitro multiple birth rate.
While there is no formal accreditation for fertility clinics, to show their commitment to adhering to the best standards in reproductive medicine, all clinics in our network are a member of the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART), and most are a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). This shows their commitment to adhering to the best practices in reproductive medicine.
ASRM is a multidisciplinary organization dedicated to advancing the science and practice of reproductive medicine. SART establishes and maintains standards for assisted reproductive technology and provides reporting to help patients make decisions on treatment options. Stork Club uses these clinical reports and others to determine if a clinic meets our quality standards. For example:
- Cycles per year - Clinics must perform at least 100 cycles per year to be included in the network. If they perform fewer cycles they are likely a newer clinic.
- Percentage transfers resulting in singleton live births - Must be at least 5% higher than the U.S. average for <35yo. This percentage along with rates of multiple births shows the clinic is working with patients to transfer as few embryos as necessary to avoid multiple births, which can lead to high rates of success and fewer complications for mother and baby.
The clinics Stork Club partners with are some of the most renowned in the country and have reported SART success rates well above the national average. For example:
- Conceptions Reproductive Associates of Colorado has a live birth rate that is about 10 points above the U.S. average.
- 85.8% of patients under 35 who visit Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) bring home a baby, compared to the national average of 68.9%.
Patient Experience and Patient Satisfaction
Clinics are highly rated for patient satisfaction and bringing personalized support to individuals. They have a unique understanding and compassion and can provide a personalized treatment plan that meets each patient’s needs.
“It’s about making sure that the evaluation is appropriate so the treatment fits the patient and not the patient fitting the clinic’s model,” said Dr. Glenn Schattman, Medical Director, Stork Club, “It's more about getting to the goal of having a child and building a family and making it a positive experience in the most efficient and effective way possible.”
Clinics must maintain an 85% satisfaction rate based on Stork Club's annual patient experience survey. Clinics are measured on the following factors which illustrate commitment to compassionate, individualized care:
- Appointment availability
- Time spent with doctors
- Service cancellations.
Innovative Technology and Techniques
The clinics in our Centers of Excellence Network are world-renowned for consistent breakthroughs and innovations in both the technical and clinical aspects of reproductive medicine. They are some of the innovators of assisted reproductive technology (ART) and continue to develop and advance the technology and methods used to increase implantation rates, reduce miscarriage rates, and increase live birth rates, giving patients the best chance at making their dream family become a reality.
For example, these Stork Club Centers of Excellence Network clinics are leaders in innovative technology and treatment:
- Conceptions Reproductive Associates of Colorado was the first fertility practice in Colorado to adopt TMRW technology, which created the world’s first and only FDA-cleared, automated platform for the safe management of frozen eggs and embryos.
- Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of New York is widely recognized as a global leader in state-of-the-art reproductive medicine and is renowned for its pioneering research in the field and for delivering high IVF success rates. Led by an integrated team of physicians and scientists with extensive reproductive endocrinology, infertility, and embryology training and experience, RMA of New York serves as the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
To learn more about Stork Club and how you can offer family-building and reproductive benefits with a superior Centers of Excellence Network, schedule a demo.